HOW TO DRAW UP A GUEST LIST by PlotaParty
A guest list forms the foundation of a party. It determines the date and time, the food and drink, and the entertainment if any.
A well thought out guest list ensures the success of a party.
When drawing up a guest list keep the following tips in mind:
- Plan at least 2 weeks in advance
- If you have a Guest of Honor check his/her availability first. Then draw up a list compatible with him/her
- Invite people well in time and send a reminder 2 days before seeking confirmations
- the confirmed numbers will help plan for the style of the party and the quantities of food and drink
- Always check the special dietary needs so that you can cater accordingly for those with medical, religious or other food restrictions.
- If you are calling a mixed group of people, put together a list of like-minded people, or people with similar interests so that everyone has someone to talk to
- If a special interest group is being invited, like family or college friends, don’t invite an outsider to the group as they will feel left out.
- When drawing up a list make sure every guest knows at least a couple of other people.
- Be careful that there are no guests antagonistic to each other, or two factions of opposite interests as you don’t want tension during your party.
- While making your list, it will be helpful if you make out a table like the one below, as it will be very useful in getting all the details you need.
|Name of guests||Nos.||Vegetarian||Non-Vegetarian||Other dietary needs||Drink Choice||Any Other Comment||RSVP|