Haunted House for 8-12 year olds.
Send out the invitations specifying the theme and the costume. The invitations could be in the shape of wizard’s hats, a broom stick. Get your child to design and make the cards.
Since a genuine haunted house will be difficult to come by, create the ambience in your home. If you have a basement, organize the party there. Darken the house and use dim lights, red/blue colored light flashes from corner, strange eerie sounds playing on tape, cobwebs hanging, strobe flashes, sudden blasts of air, insects and reptiles thrown around. Make ghostly Wind Socks and hang them up.
- Have a Lucky dip with presents put in a bucket of blood. The water can be colored with poster colors and the kids can wear rubber gloves.
- Adjust the ‘Clothes Relay’ and put witches and wizard costumes instead of the regular clothes.
- Adjust the‘Memory Game’ item to suit the theme.
Children can come dressed as witches and wizards, elfs, goblins, skeletons, ancient men and women.
The cake can be in the shape of a Haunted House, or Witches Hat or a Broomstick.
Food should also look a little macabre like:
- bat-shaped sandwiches, (use a cookie cutter for these),
- biscuits decorated like owls
- finger sandwiches with shredded cabbage to look like a broomstick or a wizards wand.
- Fudge ball with an inverted chocolate covered ice cream cone to look like a witch’s hat.
- Use other items from the children’s menu
Take home gifts
Choose a suitable gift out of these options and add your own:
- magic kits,
- witches/wizard hat shaped bags filled with goodies,
- lucky charms.
- Sweets and chocolates