Lau Ghonto by Ratna Prakash
- Gourd (Lauki)-300 gms, tender green gourd, peeled and grated.
- Potatoes-150 gms, diced fairly small
- Peas-1/2 cup,shelled
- Grated coconut-1/2 cup
- Ginger- 1 inch piece, finely chopped
- Green Chillies- to taste, slit (but dish should not be ‘hot’)
- Tej Patta-1
- Garam Masala-1 pinch
- Panch Phoran-1/2 Teaspoon
- Sugar-1 Teaspoon
- Salt – to taste
- Coriander Leaves-1 Tablespoon, chopped
- Oil-2 Tablespoons
Heat oil in a karahi. Add the panch phoran, slit green chilies and tej patta. Once they crackle, add potatoes and peas. Sauté for 2 minutes, add salt and green gourd. Reduce heat. Stir the vegetables frequently, till all the water has evaporated and the potatoes are fully cooked. Now add 1 teaspoon sugar and the finely grated fresh coconut and a pinch of gram masala. Stir. Garnish with chopped coriander and serve hot.